Thursday, June 19, 2008

In Lidköping



The last week it has been colder again which doesn´t exactly inspires to outdoor drawing. Last weekend my friend and fellow sketcher Annika drowe off to Lidköping for some fieldwork. This is a couple of scenes from this very idyllic town. The river divides it in two parts and there is a certain grandness about it.
This interior is from a café located in an old 17th or 16th century building. The way it´s furnished with old country pieces is very scandinavian, at least to me. We had a coffeebreak here but sadly there had been some shifting in the ownership so the menu and coffe was not as good as it has been. I´ll try Larssons skafferi the next time.

2 comments:

Stephen Gardner said...

Your drawings are so fresh I can almost feel the crisp air surrounding me. Just great.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

These, too, are excellent. I LOVE your trees! The cafe is my favourite, though.